Board of Health

The Board of Health is elected. The Board of Health, including its elected members, Administrative Director and agents are responsible for ensuring food, water, soils and air are protected from contamination which could pose a threat to the health and well being of the public. The Board of Health is responsible for preventing the spread of contagious disease in humans and animals. The Board of Health is also responsible for all food and tobacco applications and all installers and haulers permitting.

Contacting the Board of Health

Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm

Office Location: 1st floor of the Town House

Telephone: (508) 785-0032 x232
Fax: (508) 785-8114

Mailing Address
Board of Health
P.O. Box 250
Dover, Ma 02030

Position Name Email
Administrative Assistant Karen Hayett
Septic Agent Mike Angieri
Interim Well Agent Felix Zemel

Board of Health Members

Position Name Term Expires Email
Chair Gerald L. Clarke 2022
Member Dr. Joseph Musto 2020
Member Stephen Kruskall 2021


Meetings are generally held in the evening twice a month. Check the Town Calendar for meeting dates and times. Review the Board of Health’s meeting minutes for a record of their meetings.

Dover Town Code Description of Responsibilities

There shall be a three-member Board of Health elected on a rotating basis of one member each year for a three-year term. The Board of Health’s duties and authority shall include, but shall not be limited to, those specified in M.G.L. ch. 21A, § 13 and ch. 111, §§ 26-32.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a perc test?
A perc test is an evaluation of soils on the property to evaluate the ability to install or upgrade a septic system.

When can I perc by property?
New construction begins in March. Failed systems or voluntary upgrades can be done anytime.

If I have a cesspool, is this an automatic failure for a Title V inspection?
Yes. The Board of Health has determined that cesspools do not protect public health.

Does the Board of Health have a list of engineers?
Yes. It is available in the Board of Health office.

Does the Board of Health have a list of installers and haulers?
Yes. It is available in the Board of Health office.

How can I protect myself from ticks?
The Board of Health has information in their office and here.

How can I get my property sprayed for Mosquitoes?
You can call the Board of Health office to provide the address you would like sprayed. The Board of Health will contact Norfolk Mosquito Control on your behalf.

When do I pump my septic system?
Septic systems should be pumped at least every 2 years on average. It depends on the number of people living in your home.

How do I get my water tested?
You can call the Board of Health (508-785-0032 ext. 232) or check the Massachusetts website for a licensed water testing company in Massachusetts.

How do I volunteer for the Medical Reserve Corp?
You can fill out and submit our online volunteer interest form or stop by the Board of Health.

Can’t find what you are looking for? Ask a question.