- The Town was notified by Colonial Water last night that e.coli has been found in the Colonial Water water supply. Residents on the Colonial Water system should boil their water before using. More information regarding this notification, steps to take, and contact information can be found on Colonial Water’s website here: https://colonialwatercompany.com/uploads/files/Colonial_Public_Notice_06112020.pdf?v=1591913924275.
- The Town, through its new website, publishes these types of notifications as they are received. To receive automatic updates from the Town, please consider signing up here: http://doverma.org/list.aspx
- Travel Notification Requirements. Anyone traveling to Massachusetts should self quarantine for fourteen days. Additionally, the Dover Board of Health requires that all travelers coming to and staying in Dover notify the Board of Health via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Distancing. Continues to be one of the most important things you can do at the moment to help stop the spread of the virus. Please continue to follow these practices and if you need a reminder, you can read them here: http://doverma.org/covid-19/.
- Town Buildings & Transfer Station. Town buildings remain closed to the public. The Transfer Station is open with preventative measures in place to promote social distancing.
- Library Services. The library continues to provide online resources for individuals. More information on how to access these services can be found here: http://www.dovertownlibrary.org
- Daily Updates. We regularly share videos, images, and other information on the town’s social media accounts. Follow us at https://twitter.com/TownDover and https://www.facebook.com/townofdovermass/.
- Email Updates. We have created an enrollment form for individuals interested in receiving email updates from the Town. If you presently receive these COVID emails or emails from My Senior Center, you do not need to resubmit your information. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNpzyjF2nb7d-feVpzkko_wmA4p6765UhFCT0VzB4mDro2mQ/viewform
As always, anyone needing assistance should call 508-315-5734 or submit a request online via our online form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnkRAzhJdxVhAWzlcbtLnuNvmRoIyLXoXFQnJkau-cYZjA7A/viewform