Good Afternoon Dover Community,
New Announcements for the Week:
- Cases in Dover. Our Emergency Response team is reporting no new cases this week, with total cases remaining at 18. Case information as reported by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) can be found here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting#covid-19-cases-by-city/town-
- Town Meeting. After lengthy discussions between the Town Moderator, Board of Selectmen, Board of Health, Warrant Committee, and medical experts, the Moderator and Board of Selectmen have settled on June 29th for this year’s town meeting. Meeting details including location and articles to be considered will be issued this week.
- Annual Town Election. The Annual Town Election will be held on June 15, 2020. As we all try to be safe, and limit our exposure, we are encouraging the use of absentee ballots. The last day to request a ballot is June 11. More information can be found on the town’s website here: doverma.org.
- Trustees’ Properties. Yesterday, The Trustees reopened the following Dover properties: Chase Woodlands, Peters Reservation, and Noanet Woodlands. Parking lots are open for vehicle use and signs are posted reminding visitors of proper COVID protocol when using the trails.
- Town Website & COVID Updates. Beginning Monday, the town will have a new website that is designed to be more modern and user friendly. Our COVID informational page has been redesigned and will be prominently displayed on the homepage. In the coming weeks, these weekly email updates will be sent automatically from the new website platform. Users who no longer wish to receive these updates will have an opportunity to opt out.
- COVID-19 Testing. The Town strongly encourages people who are concerned that they may have symptoms of COVID-19 to arrange to be tested through their primary care providers. If someone has a COVID swab test (PCR) that is positive, the provider who ordered the test will follow up, and the Dover Public Health nurse will also call to discuss isolation and quarantine in the home, as well as give advice about managing symptoms and, if needed, help arrange for groceries and other supplies. Some people have chosen to have coronavirus antibody blood tests performed. The role of antibody tests isn’t entirely clear yet, as they may indicate past infection, but they may also indicate active infection.
- Travel Notification Requirements. Anyone traveling to Massachusetts should self quarantine for fourteen days. Additionally, the Dover Board of Health requires that all travelers coming to and staying in Dover notify the Board of Health via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Distancing. Continues to be one of the most important things you can do at the moment to help stop the spread of the virus. Please continue to follow these practices and if you need a reminder, you can read them here: http://doverma.org/covid-19/.
- Town Buildings & Transfer Station. Town buildings remain closed to the public. The Transfer Station is open with preventative measures in place to promote social distancing.
- Library Services. The library continues to provide online resources for individuals. More information on how to access these services can be found here: http://www.dovertownlibrary.org
- Daily Updates. We regularly share videos, images, and other information on the town’s social media accounts. Follow us at https://twitter.com/TownDover and https://www.facebook.com/townofdovermass/.
- Email Updates. We have created an enrollment form for individuals interested in receiving email updates from the Town. If you presently receive these COVID emails or emails from My Senior Center, you do not need to resubmit your information. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNpzyjF2nb7d-feVpzkko_wmA4p6765UhFCT0VzB4mDro2mQ/viewform
As always, anyone needing assistance should call 508-315-5734 or submit a request online via our online form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnkRAzhJdxVhAWzlcbtLnuNvmRoIyLXoXFQnJkau-cYZjA7A/viewform
Stay safe and stay healthy
Town of Dover
View Dover Town News