May 29, 2020
- Cases in Dover. Our Emergency Response team is reporting one new confirmed case this week, bringing our total cases to 18. Case information as reported by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) can be found here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting#covid-19-cases-by-city/town-
- Town Meeting. This week, our Town Moderator rescheduled Town Meeting from June 1 to June 22nd. This is a tentative date as the town works with state and local partners to determine how we can safely hold a town meeting. Similar to other communities in the Commonwealth, the Board of Selectmen voted last week to file a request for quorum relief with Norfolk County Superior Court in order to reduce the town’s quorum requirements for holding a meeting . More information will be shared as it becomes available.
- Campaigning Safely. The Town’s election department is reminding candidates for office to practice proper health and safety precautions while campaigning. This includes social distancing, wearing masks when unable to properly social distance, and being considerate regarding the dissemination of campaign material. Those seeking to campaign at the transfer station are asked to check in with staff as they arrive on the property.
- Town Operations. Town buildings with the exception of the transfer station will remain closed to the public. Town services will continue to be provided online as well as by appointment. A departmental contact sheet can be found on the Town’s COVID-19 Resource page and directly at this link: Departmental Contact Sheet. Plans for restarting town programming run by the Council on Aging, Library, and Park and Recreation Departments is still in the works. We will share plans as they are finalized and encourage everyone to visit the respective webpages where we will post information as it becomes available.
- Park & Recreation Facilities Update. Caryl Park Tennis Courts will open on Monday, June 1st for singles play only within the same household. In addition, Chickering Fields and Caryl Playing Fields will be open for passive recreation use on Monday, June 1st. No contact sports. Please note: Chickering and Caryl Baseball Fields are scheduled to open on June 8th. For all guidelines visit www.doverrec.com or our social media on Instagram (@doverrecma) or Facebook and Twitter (@doverrec).
- Annual Town Election. The Annual Town Election will be held on June 15, 2020. As we all try to be safe, and limit our exposure, we are encouraging the use of absentee ballots . More information can be found on the Town Clerk’s website here: https://ma-dover.civicplus.com/223/Elections
Stay safe and stay healthy
Town of Dover
View Dover Town News