March 27, 2020
Good Afternoon Board & Committee Chairs, Staff, and Community Members –
As we head into the weekend we wanted to send an update and reminder of a few things:
• Cases in Dover. There are presently 3 individuals identified as COVID-19 positive and 8 individuals in quarantine at the moment. These numbers are changing each day and moving forward will be published on the town website as a twice weekly snapshot of the current approximate incidence of COVID-19 in our town. Those citizens designated in the above two tallies as COVID-19 positive are considered to have active disease. Citizens in quarantine do not necessarily have active COVID-19 but have been identified as having a strong likelihood of being a potential carrier or developing active COVID-19.
• Travel Notification Requirements. Governor Baker this morning recommended that anyone traveling to Massachusetts self quarantine for 14 days. Additionally, the Dover Board of Health requires that all travelers coming to and staying in Dover, permanent resident or not, notify the Board of Health via email@example.com immediately.
• Food Shopping & Home Delivery. The Dover and Sherborn Boards of Health and Councils on Aging have created the attached food shopping and home delivery guidance on how to practice safe habits when shopping or delivering and receiving meals.
• Schools. The Governor also ordered this week that all schools will be closed through May 1, 2020.
• Transfer Station. While the transfer station remains open, users will be required to park in every other space in order to encourage social distancing.
• Social Distancing continues to be one of the most important things you can do at the moment to help stop the spread of the virus. Please continue to follow these practices and if you need a reminder, you can read them here: http://doverma.org/covid-19/
We continue to be amazed by the outpouring of support from the community and continue to encourage individuals interested in volunteering, or those needing service, to fill out our online forms found on our website: http://doverma.org/covid-19/. They can also be found here:
• Volunteer Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeCiTC0LQfPNncrAsnlZ6RgSQPz8Idpc0RtwW cdcIDXtIK-9A/viewform
• Assistance Request Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnkRAzhJdxVhAWzlcbtLnuNvmRoIyLXoXFQ nJkau-cYZjA7A/viewform?usp=sf_link
We continue to update the town website with the latest information, and as always, we encourage people to please share this email with their committee members, friends, and neighbors. Stay safe and stay healthy
Town of Dover
View Dover Town Administrator Notices